Apple is not involved in any way with the contest or sweepstakes.
Apple is not a sponsor
Effective Date: June 20, 2023
Baseball Summer Sizzle Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The contest starts at 8:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on June 24, 2023, and ends at 11:00 PM CT on September 30, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the contest.
3. CONTEST DETAILS: The Contest Period will require an entrant to answer no less than one question (including any required tiebreaker question(s) concerning sports & entertainment trivia. Each correct answer will be assigned a point value that results in an individual leaderboard ranking (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Entrants may also be allocated points based on overall user engagement (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), but these engagement points will not in any way affect the likelihood of winning a prize. Entrants with the most single game points & (4) entrants with most combined monthly points (as decided by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and other valid entrants will win a prize set forth in Section 9 below (as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Potential winner[s] will be notified by email or in-app notification and must sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (Contest Verification form) within 5 days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. By entering this contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winner’s name, hometown, social media account name, ShotCaller profile details, visual likeness, and biographical information for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply
4. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning on June 24, 2023 at 8:00AM CT through September 30, 2023 at 11:00 PM CT, log on to https://www.playshotcaller.com/play and click on the “Play Now” icon to download the ShotCaller application for Baseball Summer Sizzle, navigate to the contest and follow the on-screen entry instructions. Fill in all required information. Only one entry per person, per game match is permitted. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 21 years of age and older as of June 24, 2023, except for employees of Social Beast Enterprises, LLC (“Sponsor”), Social Beast Enterprises, LLC (“Administrator”), their affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies (collectively “Promotion Parties”), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this contest, entrants waive all right to, and hold the Promotion Parties harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant’s failure to receive prize notices due to entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this contest; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the contest, or announcement of the prize[s]. If, in the Administrator’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Administrator, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
7. PRIZE[S]: ShotCaller prizes will be available for ‘Contest Eligible’ matches. Matches eligible for prizes will be highlighted in the ShotCaller user interface. Below is the prize overview for the Baseball Summer Sizzle.
Total prize value: [$920]. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Limit one prize per family or household per eligible contest match. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded. [If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.]
8. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this contest and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Delaware, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this contest and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Wilmington, Delaware.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of all prize winners, available after December 1, 2023, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: 3929 Harriet Ave, Minneapolis MN 55409.
11. SPONSOR: Social Beast Enterprises, LLC, 3929 Harriet Ave, Minneapolis MN 55409.
12. LICENSE TO ENTRY: By entering the contest and providing your entry in connection with the contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your entry, or any portion thereof (including your name and likeness as shown and conveyed in the entry), in connection with the contest and for other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and to incorporate entries, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any entry you submit or to return any such entry to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, tax forms, and other -3- documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your entry.
13. DISPUTES: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF DELAWARE - WILMINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN NEW CASTLE COUNTY, DELAWARE. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
EACH PARTY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL ACTION, PROCEEDING, CAUSE OF ACTION, OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY EXHIBITS, SCHEDULES, AND APPENDICES ATTACHED TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
14. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the contest or any entrant's participation in the contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the contest, tamper with the operation of the contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the contest or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the contest. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this contest or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.