Effective Date: TBD |
[NAME OF CONTEST]
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning on [START DATE] at [TIME AND TIME ZONE] through [END DATE] at [TIME AND TIME ZONE], log on to [URL] [and click on the icon] for the [name of contest] and follow the on-screen entry instructions. Fill in all required information. [You may enter only once/You may return to [URL] to enter again; however, no more than [one entry per day per person[, household,] or email address/OTHER LIMIT]] is permitted. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., [18/21] years of age and older as of [DATE CONTEST BEGINS], except for employees of [COMPANY NAME] (“Sponsor”), [PROMOTION AGENCY NAME] (“Administrator”), [PROMOTION PARTNER NAME[S]] their affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies (collectively “Promotion Parties”), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited.
4. DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about [DRAWING DATE] by Administrator to select the winner[s] from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winner[s] will be notified [by email/phone] and must sign and return any required [Affidavit of Eligibility and Release/[NAME OF SPONSOR’S STANDARD FORM]] within [NUMBER] days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. By entering this contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winner’s name[,/ and] likeness[, and biographical information] for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this contest, entrants waive all right to, and hold the Promotion Parties harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant’s failure to receive prize notices due to entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this contest; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the contest, or announcement of the prize[s]. If, in the Administrator’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Administrator, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
6. PRIZE[S]: [PRIZE LEVELS, NUMBER OF PRIZES IN EACH LEVEL, DESCRIPTION OF PRIZES, AND RETAIL VALUE OF EACH PRIZE]. Total prize value: [AMOUNT IN US DOLLARS]. [Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize.] Limit one prize per family or household. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded. [If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.]
7. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this contest and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of [STATE], without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this contest and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in [CITY], [STATE].
9. WINNERS LIST: For the [names of all prize winners/name of the prize winner], available after [DATE], send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: [PROMOTION AGENCY ADDRESS].
10. SPONSOR: [COMPANY NAME AND ADDRESS].